Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Book Worm - Android App for FREE Books

UPDATE - Sadly this app is no longer available. But boy did I sure love it when it was! Feb. 2015

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I confess! I am a book worm. Book-a-holic. Word Fanatic. Lover of the Written Word. I LOVE books. My mom taught me to read when I was 4, way before I started kindergarten, and ever since then I've had a book in my hand.

I'm the type of person that likes things in an instant. If I decide I want something I want it NOW.  That was the selling point on an E-Reader for me, instant gratification. :)



Kindle Fire 1st Gen. - Amazon.com $70.50
 
My Mom got me my Kindle Fire for my 21st birthday, 3 years ago. It's no secret that Amazon is my favorite online store. Between the Kindle Store and Amazon Instant Video, I sometimes feel like I've sold my soul to the Amazon Powers that Be, because at least once a week there is a UPS delivery from Amazon at my front door, or a new book in my Kindle Fire Carousel! The Amazon Kindle Store offers lots of free books to those with a PRIME membership, like me. 

The thing of it is, sometimes the books I want to read, the ones that grab my attention from the best seller lists, cost $10-15-20+ in the Kindle Store.  I can't spend that kind of money on a book.


www.eprint-studio.com
When I first got my Kindle, my mom loved mine so much she turned around and bought herself one, so we actually share a Kindle account, because we like to read a lot of the same things. My Mom's best friend has a Nook, and as soon as she found out we had "Twin Kindles," she told us about this app we had to get. It's a free app in the Android Market, it offers thousands of free books, public domain books, best seller list books, all for free.

It's called "eBook," plain, simple, to the point. And it's heavenly. 10000+ books are at your finger tips for free. It's all free. And it's so simple to set up. Open up the link to the right on your Kindle or e-Reader, and tap download. So simple. On your Kindle Fire you will need to go into Settings>Device and turn "Allow Installation of Applications" on in order for the download to work.

I LOVE this app. I love to read and I love to save money! Let's do a comparison, shall we? Fifty Shades of Grey has been at the top of the "Most Popular" list on eBook as long as I've had the app, so we will use it for an example.

Fifty Shades of Grey - Amazon.com

From Amazon, the Kindle version for the first book of the trilogy is around $5. To order it in actual book form is around $9. The eBook version is completely free, downloaded in seconds and I was reading it before I could stop myself. I downloaded the entire trilogy for free. You can do the math if you want.

It's so convenient, so easy to use and has nearly every book I could want to read. They upload more than 10 a day, every day!!  It's a great app that I've recommended to EVERYONE. My best friend purchased a Kindle Fire for herself specifically because I told her about how great this app was. The money I've saved reading books off of this app would pay for the Kindle Fire itself. Probably twice.



 This is what the app looks like in the Carousel.


This is the "most popular" page.



This is the control center is at the bottom of the screen. Just tap! "Latest"will show you all the newest books that the app offers. There are new books every day!! "Popular" shows you the most read books on the app. "Category" shows all the different categories that the app has. Fiction, Non-Fiction, Historical, Bio, Teen Fiction, Love and Romance, Horror, Thriller & Mystery, Religion and Spirituality, Self Help, Short Story, Children's Story, Fairy Tales.... it's a long list, there's always something to read!! And finally, "Authors" lists every author with a book on the app!


Anne of Green Gables is my favorite book, so I thought I'd use this as an example!! When you find a book you think you might be interested in, tap the title, and it will bring you to a screen like this. It has a short summary and shows related titles. All you have to do is tap "Download," your book will download in about 3-5 seconds (yes, that quick) and boom, you have a new book to read!

I LOVE this app and honestly don't know what I'd do without it!!



Now, go download the app, find a good book, curl up with a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate and get to readin'! I know that's what I'm gonna do!! ;)




LINKS:
Amazon Kindle Fire 1st Generation - $70.50 (only available used, I think)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD - $139.99
www.eprint-studio.com - Free eBook app

All opinions are my own. I am not being perked by Amazon or by Eprint-Studio for mentioning their products. Fifty Shades of Grey and Anne of Green Gables, as vastly different as they are, are being used here purely as examples and no infringement of any kind is intended.












5 comments:

  1. Missy, I love it. I wasn't able to find it on the Play Store with Android, and had to download it directly from the site. It has all of my favorite author's books. From one book nerd to another, thank you for the share! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maegan, SOOO tickled you found it and love it! I don't know how I would scratch the itch to read without it!!

      Delete
    2. Hi! I can't open the site. I dunno why. Plss help. Love u😙

      Delete
    3. The eprint site has been down for two days. I hope it's just temporary.

      Delete
  2. This app is here.

    http://www.torrapk.com/download/apps/10000+FreeeBooksReader_v1.0/10000+FreeeBooksReader_v1.0.php

    ReplyDelete