Friday, September 7, 2012

REVIEW: Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads

I've fought with acne since I was 10 years old. Ages 13, 14 and 15 were terrible years for me. When I was 15 it got so bad my Mom took me to a doctor when she noticed I didn't just have pimples, I had open sores on my face. I was piling the makeup on to cover up the...stuff, and only making my acne worse.  The doctor gave me a perscription cream and a medicated wash to use. I fought moderate acne until I was 18 when I finally went on birth control, mainly for acne control! Still occasionally I'll have flare ups, stress and what not being the cause. 

So needless to say I've tried lots of remedies over the years. Every acne treatment system in the world has been in my possession at at least one point or another. ProActive? Kids stuff. Murad? Nope. Skin i.d.? Forget about it. 

The product I am about to tell you about is not the end all be all of acne treatment, but I have noticed a huge difference in my skin in the last couple of weeks since I've been using it. 

My husband and I are busy people. We are extremely busy with our jobs, our families, and the activities we are involved in. And lately I haven't had the time to keep up with my expensive foundation routine or with my skin care routine. At night I'd be so exhausted I would take a bar of SafeGuard Soap (an old remedy my doctor told me to do) to my face at night and go to bed. I'd probably left more than half of my makeup still on. 

I was in the Dollar Store (my place, it's so convenient!!) nosing around after work one afternoon, trying to use my hair to cover  up the nasty breakout on my neck (yes, it was terrible!) and saw Pond's Cold Cream (something I only ever used to remove theatrical makeup, but that my Mom always used to remove her daily makeup) so I grabbed some of it. Right next to it on the shelf was this:


"Well....maybe I can use these after I was my face, maybe I'll remember that." Plus I was sucked in by the fact that it says right there on the label "Visibly reduces pimple size and redness in as little as 4 hours." "Alright Clearasil, I'll give you another try." So I went home and started my new routine. Cold Cream, SafeGuard, Clearasil pad. 

I have noticed such a HUGE difference in my face since I started using them. I like the easiness of using them so much I use them when I get up before I put on my makeup and at bedtime before I go to bed! I have no "active" pimples on my neck (totally clear! yay!) and no visible monsters on my face. 

The pads themselves are very saturated with the medicated liquid. They even have a handy dandy little notch cut out in them to make them easier to get out of the container!

They work so well for me that I thought I should get on here and let you all know about it!! 

Happy Beautifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment