Monday, October 14, 2013

Where In the World Have I Been?!

I bet you're thinking I've run off an abandoned you. Aren't you? Never fear. I'm here, alive. Promise.

I've been gallivanting around the Atlantic Ocean. Literally.

Yes. Aaron and I were fortunate enough to be able to go onour first vacation since we got married last week. Yeah, we've been married for 4 years and this was the very first vacation we've taken. Aaron has worked very very hard this past year in order to be able to make this vacation a special one.

We took a cruise to the Bahamas. Some people thinking a cruise is a blah vacation, and some people think it's the bees knees. This was our first experience. It was a great one.

We were lucky enough that this was a family vacation. Aaron's older sisters and their family's went with us and several of Aaron's cousins made the trek as well. We left from Jacksonville, FL on 10/5 and cruised to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. We ended up going with Carnival Cruise Line, simply because that's the line everyone else had already booked with by the time we decided to go for it.

We were slightly concerned - and when I say "slightly" I mean, we lost sleep - over the fact that there was a hurricane brewing in the Gulf and that the weather reports were saying weather in Nassau was going to be nasty, right around the time we were going to be docking for the day. So all the wives were calling back and forth trying to create Plan B's. However, the weather turned out to be BEAUTIFUL! It rained one night during dinner and then on our way home on the last day.....and that was the saddest day ever. 1) we were sailing home. 2) it ruined any chance of further burning my pasty white skin while I snoozed by the pool. 3) the bad weather caused the water to be ever-so-choppy and therefore caused lil ol' me to be ever-so-sea sick.

But never the less, that is where I have been. Planning like a mad woman and packing and travelling etc etc.

So...whats in store for this week on "The Simple Life?" Well, I'm going to let everyone in on the planning methods I used to pack and plan for the trip, not to forget how much money we saved and how we did it. I was busy all day today trying to film a video for the Simple Life Youtube Channel about how I created a pantry in my kitchen for $50. However, it's kind of hard to explain to everyone the sheer awesomeness of my little DIY Pantry when there is NO FOOD in it. I cleaned us out before the trip so nothing would spoil. So we are running on empty around here. So....that will have to wait until the next Save A Lot trip. I'm considering tackling my nasty/gross/disgusting/unorganized (yes, there is such in this OCD home) hall closet tonight, maybe tomorrow, and you could possibly be invited to join me on that little trip. But then again, maybe not.....our hall closet is a disaster. It's the whole "out of sight, out of mind," thing.

Yeah, I'm rambling......

Thanks so much for hanging in there with me!


Glad to be back on dry land....I'm still swaying. :(

Missy

1 comment:

  1. The bathroom can be a dangerous place for the elderly or the disabled. Safety in the bathroom is necessary, especially for seniors and the disabled with mobility problems. We provide bathroom safety aids and equipment for the elderly to help them improve stability when they’re using the shower, bathtub, or toilet. Best bath aids

    ReplyDelete