Friday, February 19, 2016

| 9 Week Pregnancy Update |

It is a crazy windy day here in KY, the temperature has warmed up a little bit, but I know it's not for long. Makes me long for spring worse than before! I am ready for flip flops and sun dresses and open windows and sitting outside on my Mom's deck! Bring it on, me and this baby are ready!


My 9th week of pregnancy was pretty uneventful, actually the whole of this pregnancy has been uneventful. I've had a few days when I've felt like doo-doo, but otherwise, it's been good!

I flipped to my 9th week on 2/11, and the most part of that weekend I was so sick at my stomach that I laid in bed all day. On Valentine's Day, we got a huge snow storm, but that didn't stop us from getting out and going to church with my father-in-law. We sort of regretted it when we got out of church and saw that in just a matter of an hour and a half it had snowed 5 inches! After we got back home, I settled in for a nap! It was a good day for it! 

Ok, I found a standard questionaire and I thought it would make it easier for you all to read than have me rambling the whole time. So here goes!


How far along are you? I'm actually 10 weeks, 1 day today, but I'm updating for the 9th week!

Total weight gain/loss? Ok, this is a funny one. I'm actually down 30 pounds from when I got pregnant the first time, in October. I don't think I've gained any weight since getting pregnant this time. 

Are you wearing Maternity Clothes yet? Definitely pants. I wear mostly sweat pants and yoga pants when I'm at home [which is 99% of the time] but when I go out, I dig out the hand-me-down maternity jeans a friend gave me. She gave me a ton of cute tops, so I'm dying to get into them, just cause they are so cute. 

Do you have any stretch marks yet? Just leftovers from my rapid weight gain a few years ago. I know I'm prone to stretch marks, obviously, so I'm lathering up with lotions and butters and oils every day to hopefully keep more of them away! I've never been one to show my tummy, so it really doesn't matter too much if I do get some, but I'd still prefer to not have them. You know?

How are you sleeping? Ugh. Well....better than before. I've been very congested this whole pregnancy, but it seems to be subsiding.... or I'm just getting accustomed to it. Sleeping on my side is a pain, because I am a natural stomach sleeper, and if I sleep on my left side for too long my hip and leg starts hurting so bad I could cry, and I have problems with that leg anyway, so I flip flop every couple of hours. I find that I can breathe better on my right side too. 

Best Moment of the week? My three hour nap on Sunday! It's been a very uneventful week.

Movement? Oh no, way too early.

What are some food cravings that you are having? Fruit and raw vegetables! I have to eat and apple every night before bed, and when I reach for a snack, it's carrots or celery or cauliflower...  candy. Whenever I'm super sick at my stomach I reach for sweet tarts and it soothes my stomach. Not good for someone who is almost a diabetic.

Anything making you queasy or sick? The smell of meat cooking. Ugh. Sweet tea makes me very sick at my stomach. Too much sugar maybe?? Odd because of the candy thing... ya kno?

Have you started to show yet? It's kind of hard to tell. I definitely get the end of the night bloat. 

Gender prediction? From the very beginning of this pregnancy Aaron and I have both felt like it was a little girl. My Mom insists its a boy. We will find out very soon!

Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On and still very loose. Again, down 30 pounds... everything is loose.
Happy or Moody most of the time?: Mostly happy. I have some weepy moments, some freak out
moments, but overall, I'm pretty happy. 
Weekly Wisdom: Sit down when you are tired. Don't push yourself. 
Milestones: Just getting as far as we have is a milestone.

So there it is! It's amazing to us how we've gotten this far with no fireworks! Seems like last time everything was going wrong right from the beginning and this time it's been smooth sailing all the way. Let's all hope and pray that it keeps going that way!


Missy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment