Wednesday, September 17, 2014

How I Wash My Vera Bradley Purse!

I LOVE Vera Bradley. I could live in a world of Vera Bradley and be a happy woman.

Because of this love, I carry my "Vera's" to death, like, until they literally fall apart on my shoulder. I carry lots of stuff in my purses at any given time and so I like to carry the larger tote bags as purses.

My current purse (but I am cruising ebay and outlets for a new one in this same style) is the Go Round Tote in the Priscilla Pink pattern. This is a stock photo, cause it's all pretty and perfect and new.
This style bag is retired (I'm pretty sure) as is the pattern. I LOVE this pattern. I've got a checkbook cover, small cosmetic bag and small wallet (that holds my iPhone) in this same pattern. It once retailed for $82. I got mine for a steal at an authorized dealer for about $22. I had a gift certificate, it was marked down to $40! If you are interested in this style the "Get Carried Away" tote is very similar... and $92. There's always ebay if this is the style you absolutely must have. Also, if you go to a Vera Bradley outlet anytime in your birthday month they give you a discount as well! Our nearest outlet is Nashville, but I don't mind making the trip for some super savings!


Ok, so after a few weeks of use, my purse gets a bit dull. (A tip that I recently got from a friend who's mother works at a Vera store is if you spray the bag with Scotch Brite before you ever use it or wash it, like as soon as you get it home from the store, that it keeps it from getting that dull appearance.) The first thing I gotta do is clean this "Mary Poppins Bag" out.



And now my kitchen table is covered in stuff. I sort through all of it, throw away the junk and the bits of paper -- the gum wrappers, I'm addicted to gum. I make sure everything has a home. I like to carry a lot of my little "bits," the things I want to carry around but don't want lost at the bottom of my bag, in little cosmetic bags, and a couple of things end up in plastic sandwich bags, just 'cause.



Does any one woman NEED this many lip products in her purse? Do they? I mean, honestly? Is there a Lip Products Anonymous Meeting nearby I can go to? Just in case you were wondering, I've labeled everything in the photo above. I've got to say, these are my most favorite lippies and the ones I'm always hunting for.


So now that that's done, I put the bag in the washing machine. The care tag tells you to wash it in cool water on a gentle cycle. So... that's what I do.



After it's finished, I hang the bag upside down using a pants hanger. I clip it to the bottom of the bag and hang it over the back of one of my kitchen chairs and let it dry overnight. I NEVER put my Vera's in the dryer. It says "line dry" on the care tag, so that's what I do.... without the line. :)



In the morning I put everything back in my bag and its ready to go for another little while! I don't have a specific schedule when it comes to washing my Vera bags, just whenever I feel like they need it.

There's enough room left for me to throw in my planner and my Kindle Fire AND, if I'm feelin' froggy, my current crochet project!

Taking care of your Vera's is VERY important, they're fabric, after all. A good wash every now and again do them a world of good! Vera Bradley bags are not inexpensive, so I see them as an investment, and you always take care of your investments, right?! I was terrified of washing my first Vera, but after I bit the bullet and did it (and obeyed the instructions!) I'm so glad I did!


Hope this post finds you all well! Don't forget that you can PIN this post if you like it! Just click on the "P" logo below!

Thanks so much! See y'all later!

The above shown Vera Bradley was purchased in 2013 with my own money and a gift certificate I was given as a Christmas gift. I follow the washing and care guidelines listed on the tag inside of the bag. They're there for a reason! All lip products mentioned I purchased with my own money. I am not affiliated with Vera Bradley in any way other than being addicted to their products! :)

1 comment: