Friday, August 29, 2014

Dollar Store Sunglasses Case!

I don't buy expensive sunglasses. For me, it's just like that old Jeff Foxworthy joke. I could buy a pair of expensive sunglasses and 5 minutes after I walked out of the store I would lose them or destroy them. But a pair from the Dollar Tree I couldn't lose if I was trying. I believe he says that you could be on an ocean cruise and lean over the railing and your cheapo's fall off your face and a random scuba diver would pop up with them in his hand asking "hey did somebody lose a pair of sunglasses??" Yes. (I think he mentions this joke in his "Totally Commited" video but I cannot be sure, and I had no luck finding this specific joke on YouTube, but trust me, it's the truth and it's so funny!)

But the stinky part about buying inexpensive sunglasses is the fact that you don't get a case with them. And I throw mine in my purse and Heaven only knows what might happen inside that Mary Poppins bag! I carry a large Vera Bradley tote bag (I couldn't tell you the style.... but I do know that it is part of the "tote" bag genre) and it has 4 huge pockets on the outside, I've gotten into the habit of stuffing my shades into one of those pockets to try and protect them from getting scratched up. But still... they're not really protected. I could very easily squish them since they're in  a pocket on the outside of my bag.


These are my shades. I freaking love them!


I got them about a couple of years ago at Kohl's for like $12 and I have worn the heck out of them. I love aviator sunglasses so much! I feel so cool when I wear them. Like I look like I just stepped out of Top Gun and I'm doing the slow motion walk with my hair in the breeze and the fighter planes behind me...... there, that's my confession for the day. So embarrassing/

As you can tell, they are gold with rose colored lenses (...these roooose coooolored glasses... teeheehee) and they have a cute little circular design on the arms, or earpieces. I have several more pairs of shades, but these are my favorite and the ones I'm always reaching for.

A few weeks ago I was in the Dollar General store and I was wandering, killing time, checking the merchandise, checking if they had anything new, and I slipped into the clothing/accessories isle. Have y'all noticed that recently the dollar stores (Dollar General and Family Dollar, specifically) are starting to get some super amazing clothes?? Back in July I bought a boat load of clothes at the Family Dollar for just $30. Anyway, I was in "DG" as my Mom and I call it, and looking at the clothes and turned around to where they have like wallets and purses and things like that, and tucked way back into the far side was an entire box brightly labeled SUNGLASSES CASES!

For $4! Yes.... $4!

I was so excited. They had a ton of fun colors, and I picked up a pink leopard print one and was about to walk away with it when I saw my color peeking out at me from way in the back.


This is a super good quality case! I was afraid it wouldn't fit my aviators, my main pair, so I dug them out of my purse and checked it, right there in the middle of the store, and they fit, with room to spare!


It is such a pretty color blue. One side is blue and white stripes and the other is blue with white polka dots and it has a really adorable little set of baby pink "purse style" straps.



I am really loving this case. It slides into my outside purse pocket super easy, and if I want to stick it inside my zipper pocket in my purse, I can! And for $4 you cannot go wrong with this! It's giving me the protection I need for my favorite sunglasses.

I thought I'd share that with you all, and hopefully you, like me, will be able to save yourself a lot of broken/lost sunglasses grief!


Dollar General, you've done it again! Thanks for being on top of things!

I do not receive any compensation from DOLLAR GENERAL for discussing their products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment